Sweet Semolina Pastry with Orange
Twelve servings. Cooking time: 40 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tea glasses of orange juice
- Orange zest (1 orange)
- 1 tea cup of vegetable oil
- 1 water glass of semolina
- 2 water glasses of flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1 tea cup of sugar
- For the syrup:
- 3 glasses of water
- 3 water glasses of sugar
- 1 tea cup of orange juice
1. In a deep bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs with a mixer until the sugar melts.
2. Add all the ingredients to the container and put the flour and baking powder in finally. Get the ingredients in the bowl to dough consistency.
3. Spread the mixture on an oiled tray and bake in an oven at 175 degrees Celsius until it's roasted on top and bottom.
4. For the syrup, boil three glasses of water and three glasses of sugar for six to seven minutes. Add one tea cup of orange juice and boil for another six or seven minutes.
5. Add the hot syrup while the sweet semolina pastry is cold. You may serve after resting three hours.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.