Four servings. Cooking time: 35-40 minutes.
- 10-12 medium-sized tomatoes
- 200 g of full-fat minced meat
- 2 tablespoons of boiled rice
- 1 onion
- ¼ bunches of dill, parsley, coriander, and fresh mint
- 8 scallions
- 1/2 glass of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 table spoon of olive oil, 1 dessertspoon of tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of butter
- Dressing: 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, one black olive, 1 sprig mint per portion.
1. Separate the stems from the tomatoes, cut the tomatoes laterally from the bottom and carve the cores out with a knife. Set aside the tomatoes, and the pieces of tomatoes you cut will be used as lids.
2. Dice the onion and fry with olive oil and tomato paste. Add minced meat, chopped fresh scallion, boiled rice, greens, tomatoes, salt and black pepper into mix until cooked.
3. Fill the tomatoes with the mix you prepared. Add half a glass of water over the tomatoes. After distributing the butter onto the tomatoes, place the lids.
4. Bake in an oven set to 180 degrees Celsius, for 35-40 minutes, after you cover them with baking paper. Remove the paper on top for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.