Rice with Grape
Four servings. Cooking time: 40 minutes.
- 1,5 water glasses of rice
- 6 chicken shanks
- 15 pieces of pink and black fresh grape
- 4 twigs of saffron
- 2 glass water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Keep 1.5 water glasses of rice in hot water for half a day.
2. Heat your pot with two tablespoons of olive oil and add one tablespoon of butter. When the butter melts, sear both sides of the shanks properly.
3. Add one glass of water to the seared pearls and cook for 30 minutes at medium heat.
4. Heat the rice pot with a tablespoon of olive oil. Wash the rice in hot water until the starch is gone and add to the pot. Fry for two minutes.
5. Add four sprigs of saffron to a glass of hot water and stir. When the saffron gives its color, remove its branches and pour this hot water over the roasted rice.
6. Put the already cooked shanks in another bowl and pull them. Add chicken broth to rice. (Sum of saffron water and chicken broth should be half a finger above the rice.) Add salt.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.