Lemon Lamb Soup
Six servings. Cooking time: 50 minutes.
- ½ kg of lamb meat cubes
- 1 lemon
- 5 glasses of water
- 5 pieces of scallion
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ water glass of rice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 water glass of yoghurt
- 1 dessertspoon of butter
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper
1. Put the meat cubes in a deep soup pot with five glasses of water. Add finely chopped scallions. Cook for 40 minutes. If the meat has not softened enough, you may increase the cooking time.
2. Chop the parsley, wash and drain the rice. Put them in the pot by adding salt and black pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes at low heat.
3. Marinade: whisk the egg yolk in a bowl and add ½ lemon juice and yogurt and stir.
4. Gradually add the soup’s water to the marinade. When the marinade becomes tepid pour it in the soup.
5. While serving, melt the red pepper in butter and pour it into soup bowls. Place the sliced lemons next to it.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.