Lemon Chicken Soup
Four servings. Cooking time: 40 minutes.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 glasses of water
- ½ water vermicelli
- ¼ bunch of parsley
- 10-15 black peppercorns
- Salt, powdered red pepper
- Marinade: one egg yolk, one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of flour
1. Wash the chicken drumsticks and rub them with lemon. Cook for 30 minutes in a deep pot with four glasses of water and bay leaves.
2. Set aside the drumsticks and the bay leaves. Separate the bones and skin from the drumsticks, and divide them into small pieces.
3. Add a glass of water, salt and black peppercorns to your chicken broth and continue cooking. When it starts to boil, add the vermicelli and stir occasionally until cooked. Add the chicken meat later.
4. Whisk the egg yolk in a separate bowl for the marinade. Add one spoon of lemon juice and one spoon of flour and mix well. Gradually beat the chicken broth into the marinade . Once the mixture is warm, pour it into soup again gradually. Add the parsley finally.
5. Let the saucepan rest at medium temperature for 2-3 minutes with its lid open.
6. Add finely cut lemon rings and red ground pepper while serving.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.