Jelly with Mandarin and Cherry
Four servings. Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- 2 mandarins
- 16 de-seeded cherries
- 2 glasses of fresh cherry juice (you may use ready-mix fruit juice)
- 2 tablespoons of starch (wheat or corn)
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. Put the cherry juice and starch in a pot and mix.
2. Add two tablespoons of sugar (three tablespoons if you want it sweeter) and cook over medium heat. Add the mandarins and cherries when the mixture has a homogeneous consistency and is stiffened.
3. Divide into wet cups. Keep in the fridge for two hours before serving.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.