Fennel with Mandarin
Four servings. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 4 fennels and its leaves
- 3 mandarins
- 10 shallots
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Remove the head of the fennels and cut each into eight pieces. Keep them in water with lemon juice with its greens.
2. Fry the shallots with one sugar cube in one tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add the head of the fennel and continue to fry.
4. Add salt, lemon juice, and warm water up to cover it.
5. Cook for 20 minutes at medium heat. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the mandarins and the fennel leaves.
6. Put in a service dish. Pour one tablespoon of olive oil over the fennels. You may eat cold or warm.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.