Celery with Citrus
Four servings. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 1 big celery
- 2-3 pieces celery leaves
- 2 mandarins
- 1 lemon
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 middle size carrot
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dressing: One ring of citrus for each, one handful of pomegranate
1. Peel off the celery, slice it into crescent shape and keep it in water with lemon until you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Julienne the carrots.
3. Set aside a ring shaped slice of all citrus varieties and squeeze all of them.
4. Braise the celery and the carrots with one tablespoon of olive oil for half a minute.
5. Add the citrus juice and add chopped celery stalks and salt.
6. After cooking at medium temperature, pour one tablespoon of olive oil over it.
7. Garnish the serving dish with citrus slices and pomegranate seeds.
The secret of the world-famous Turkish cuisine comes from natural vegetables and fruits that feed on the Mediterranean sun. Use Turkish fresh fruits and vegetables to add magic to your table.